Of recent Polka dot has been a huge trend in the fashion industry. They have either been styled with a different color of polka dot or another pattern entirely or a plain piece or full set of polka dot.
Seeing the vibe people add to it when styling especially on Instagram or personal blogs and people’s response to styling the trendy piece, I had to go dig out the polka dot gown with ropes by the side which my mum gifted me long time ago. I styled it in many ways I could.
Here are the 8 ways to style a two piece polka dot:
1. Let the top loose and tie the rope to the side
2. Fold the top upwards, clip at the back and fold inward. Take the ropes round the waist and tie at the back.
3. Polka Dot Accessories: add a polka dot scarf with shades to style number 2
4. Fold the top upwards, clip the back, make a cross with the ropes.
5. Fold the top upwards , a rope goes along the waist and the other along the shoulder.
(I went ahead to create more styles with this piece.)
6. Visible Gown : wear the gown on the top, to create a casual look, pair it up with sneakers
7. Use a red polka dot scarf in form of a belt, roll it over the gown’s rope and tie by the side.
8. Wear the gown alone, tie the rope at the back.
Sometimes fashion is not about having the most trendy clothe or accessories , but it is about being creative with what you have.
Feel free to try any of this or edit as you please.